With Tropical Storm Nate potentially moving into our area over the next few days, as a precaution, there will be sand, bags, and shovels at the following locations:
- Orange Grove Community Center on Dedeaux Road
- the Fire Station on 42nd Avenue
- the intersection of Hewes Avenue and Glover Street.
The residents will need to fill the bags; however, there will be staff at these locations starting tomorrow (Friday) from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm, Saturday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (weather permitting). Staff will also help those that need assistance.
Self Serve Sand Bag Locations Harrison County:
- Road Department Office 10076 Lorraine Road (Hwy 605) Gulfport, MS
- D’Iberville Work Center 10085 Doris Deno St./Rodriquez, D’Iberville
- Lyman Work Center County Farm Road, Gulfport
- Woolmarket Work Center Old Woolmarket Road (off of Hwy 67), Biloxi
- North Gulfport Work Center 8300 34th Avenue, Gulfport
Self-serve sand bags are now available at :
- Biloxi Fire Station 8, 8479 Woolmarket Road, Station 9, 9370 Oaklawn Road, Biloxi, MS 39532
- Cavalier Park, 2059 Lawrence St.
- Popp’s Ferry Recreational Soccer Fields, 2150 Popp’s Ferry Road
- Todd Migues Park, 425 Parker St.
The Hancock County Emergency Management Agency will have self-serve sand and sand bags at the following locations on October 6, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. Please bring your own shovel. If you need assistance with getting the sand-bags, please contact the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency at 228-255-0942 or Hancock County Central Dispatch at 228-255-9191.
- Hancock County Horse Arena, 4184 Kiln/Delisle Road
- Old Hancock County Complex, 3068 Longfellow Drive
- Lakeshore Community Center, 6440 Lower Bay Road
- Bayside Park Fire Department, 6218 West Hines
- West Hancock Fire Department, 16006 Washington Street
- Diamondhead City Hall, 5000 Diamondhead Circle